Consultations at Hawthorn Medical are by appointment only
- A typical appointment is allotted 15 minutes
- Double appointments are available if you feel more time will be required, and are generally advised for situations such as Pap Smears, multi-country travel vaccinations, and Medicare Psychologist referrals
- Our doctors always endeavor to run to time. Please understand that if there is a delay, it is usually due to an unexpected complexity in preceding consultations
South Yarra Medical and Richmond Medical
Hawthorn Medical is affiliated with nearby South Yarra Medical and Richmond Medical. Your patient record is available to the staff at both clinics. Many of our GPs work at both Richmond Medical and South Yarra Medical. If an appointment is unavailable at Hawthorn Medical, our reception staff are very happy to check for availability at South Yarra Medical or Richmond Medical.
It’s easy to book appointments online with our App…or you can use this website
- Download the App by clicking on these links (or search for Balanced Med on the App Store)
- You can also book online through this website on the booking form below (only available to existing patients of the clinic)
- Alternatively, call reception to book an appointment on 9818 3377
When first using this service there is a simple verification process. For making subsequent appointments you will be able to use a simple password. Online appointments are for standard consultations, if you require a longer consultation please give the clinic a call on 9818 3377.
Cancelling appointments is totally understandable. We ask that you call the clinic at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. This then allows other patients to utilize that appointment time.
Childhood immunisations are typically provided by our practice nurse. Appointments with our nurses can be made over the phone. Visits to the nurse are bulk-billed to Medicare. The immunisation record is automatically sent electronically to the Government immunisation register.
Your doctor may arrange for you to have blood tests or medical imaging. In most circumstances we require patients to make a return appointment to discuss results personally. Not only is this a safe approach, but it ensures we are able to maintain a high standard of medical care.
Richmond Medical & South Yarra Medical
Richmond Medical & South Yarra Medical are affiliated with Hawthorn Medical. Your patient record is available to the staff at both clinics. Many of our GPs work at both Richmond Medical and South Yarra Medical. If an appointment is unavailable at Hawthorn Medical, our reception staff are very happy to check for availability at Richmond Medical or South Yarra Medical if this suits you.
New patients are required to fill a ‘New Patient Form’. This can be filled on arrival before your appointment time, or you are able to download and print the form by clicking below.
Download New Patient Form (PDF)
For a printable version of our Patient Information Summary, please click on the link below.
After Hours Medical Care
Our clinic is serviced by the Doctor Doctor Service.
To arrange a doctor to come to your home, please call our practice on 9818 3377, or 13 26 60.
This service is only available to existing patients of the clinic.
They can visit your home at these times…
- Monday to Thursday from 8pm
- Friday from 5.30pm
- Saturday from 4pm
- Sunday and Public Holidays – any time
If there is a medical emergency – call for an ambulance on ‘000’
Nearby Emergency Departments are located at…