Dr Mathuraa Theivendran
Since graduating from Monash Medical School in 2006, Mathuraa has trained in General Medicine, Surgical, Obstetrics and Gynecology within Austin Health.
She then moved into her sub specialist interest area of Pediatrics’ through the Royal Children’s Hospital and Mercy Hospital (Neonatal Intense Care).
Since moving into the area of General Practice (2013) she has enjoyed the full depth and breadth of general practice. Initially she found that she worked mostly in the areas of:
- Pediatrics’ (with an interest in behavioral and developmental issues)
- Women’s health (including fertility, general and menopause)
- Post-natal depression
- Mental health across all ages but with a particular focus in primary school and teenage/young adults.
Mathuraa’s other interests include:
- Work cover
- Work place conflict resolution
- Men’s health
- Support to those suffering from alcohol misuse
Especially in these challenging times of the Covid -19 pandemic the importance of BioPyschoSocial Medicine practice has been very much highlighted and she hopes to provide this to a high standard in a kind and communicative manner.
Speaks: English and TamilBook Now Online