- Hawthorn Medical has it’s own psychology practice called “Balanced Psychology Network”.
- Our clinicians are fully qualified clinical psychologists. They are all caring individuals who can provide a tailored approach for mental health issues. Their individual profiles are available at richmond medical.com.au and southyarramedical.com.au.
- If deemed appropriate, your GP can provide you with a “Mental Health Careplan”. This enables a Medicare rebate for up to ten counselling services in a calendar year.
- Appointments can be made at Reception. Typically appointments are 50 minutes in duration.
- Out of pocket expense for patients with a valid careplan are $80 prior to 6pm, and $90 after 6pm.
- We also have psychologist working oout of our Richmond and South Yarra clinics.
Michellle Pal BAPsych (Hons), MAClinPsych Clinical Psychologist
Michelle Pal completed her BA Psychology and MA Clinical Psychology and is a registered clinical psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia. She is warm and friendly and very down-to-earth. She enjoys working with clients of various backgrounds and cultures to help them find their own meaningful goals and to live their best life.
Michelle’s therapeutic approach mostly consists solutions-focussed therapies. She uses evidence-based strategies including cognitive-behavioural therapy, motivational enhancement, positive psychology, and acceptance and commitment therapy. Michelle’s main interest areas are obsessive-compulsive disorders, health anxiety, worry and general anxiety, panic attacks and panic disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, anger, sexual dysfunctions and relationships issues, body image concerns, weight loss and weight management, social anxiety, and performance anxiety