- Hawthorn Medical has it’s own psychology practice called “Balanced Psychology Network”.
- Our clinicians are fully qualified clinical psychologists. They are all caring individuals who can provide a tailored approach for mental health issues. Their individual profiles are available at richmond medical.com.au and southyarramedical.com.au.
- If deemed appropriate, your GP can provide you with a “Mental Health Careplan”. This enables a Medicare rebate for up to ten counselling services in a calendar year.
- Appointments can be made at Reception. Typically appointments are 50 minutes in duration.
- Out of pocket expense for patients with a valid careplan are $80 prior to 6pm, and $90 after 6pm.
- We also have psychologist working oout of our Richmond and South Yarra clinics.
Kerryn Davison – Clinical Psychologist
Kerryn completed her post-graduate studies at Austin Health in the 1990s and commenced private practice work in 2003. She works with adults and adolescents who experience a wide range of problems. Kerryn has a kind, caring, practical and direct approach to supporting clients to manage their mental health, their relationships and their life in general. Men and women are equally welcome.
Kerryn’s areas of interest include the management of stress, anxiety, depression, interpersonal/relationship issues, workplace stress/bullying, post-traumatic stress disorders, personality disorders and more significant psychiatric illness. She values evidence-based treatments such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Skills. She holds AHPRA endorsement in Clinical Psychology and is a Member of the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists.
Kerryn is a married mother of two children who keep her very busy in her spare time with their extracurricular activities. As a family, they enjoy outdoor pursuits such as snow skiing, camping and beach holidays.